Sunday, June 27, 2010

Years for String

Working very hard to avoid stress right now. The show at Space 55 has yet to be confirmed, but I'm hanging Verde and Sweets and Beats this week. As much as I love the stress of a deadline, it's so rewarding to be know the show is titled and hung. I have enough work for both venues, but the notion of picking pieces that are appropriate for the space is frustrating, for some reason.

The paperwork for my solo show at Practical Art has been turned in, and now I just need to get an image e-mailed for their promotional material. The nest and egg for my centerpiece is done, just need to finish the base that holds it, attach the nest, and get a print quality image.

The Torch Theatre is going dark until their grand opening, which makes me very sad. In talking about this with the owner of Space 55, he proposed an interesting opportunity to me. I was mentioning how I'd like to help 55 with the tech aspect of their operations, and Bob proposed having me design and build a set, then he would write a story based on whatever set I design. I'm really intrigued by this idea, but I don't know if it would actually be feasible to accomplish in my time left in Phoenix. Regardless, I've started writing a piece for the 7 Minutes series in October. I guess we'll see what happens.

Outside of that, there's an ongoing list of characters that Gretchen, Dawn, and I came up with during the random Craftprov rehearsals we used to have. I'd been stewing on these characters for months, wondering what I could/should do with them, and then it hit me: children's books. I'm hoping to have the first one done by August, which should give me plenty of time to get the story and art together.

Work has been mildly stressful. I really love my job, but my anxiety is just painful at this point. I'm hoping to be approved for health insurance in the next week or so so that I can finally get to the doctor, which will hopefully remove my stress and anxiety, or diminish it to a manageable level at least. All of this planning I'm doing for school is basically hanging on the notion that I'll be approved for health insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment