Monday, June 28, 2010

What's Funny is This Was an Accident

No time to really write anything legitimate today, just wanted to mention I'm hanging both shows on Wednesday. Which, of course, means I won't be able to go to the art museum until NEXT weekend, which makes me very sad.

I was very careful to only do small works for these two shows because I knew I would be transporting them in the basket of my bike (which I've done for shows in the past, and it usually works out fairly well if properly secured via bungee cords.) I just need to make sure to really fix my back wheel or go over to Hoodride tomorrow, because I went off a curb and bent the back right wheel, so there's a lot of resistance when I ride. I know I'm going to have to acquire transportation for the install of my show in September, so I'll be sure to take advantage of that and do some really large works.

I get daily lectures now from one of the managers at my work telling me (essentially) "GO TO DC." It just makes me anxious because there's so many loose ends that need to be tied up, and January feels so far away. I want to go, and I know he's right. I just wish it were happening now.

No comments:

Post a Comment