Sunday, August 01, 2010

You Were Just a Lightning Bug

I'm waiting for lightning.

Financial aid is in order. Classes start in just a couple of weeks now, and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Regarding my...feelings yesterday, they haven't changed. I, however, have. I look back fondly on the things and people that have happened to my life, and while I regret things I never had the courage to do, the opportunities of which have since passed me by for better things, I can't look back. The decisions I've made in my life thus far are mine, for better or for worse. This is the start of a new adventure. While I lost the chance for an adventure with him, I owe it to myself not to lose this chance now. Maybe I'll win, maybe I'll lose. Maybe I'll explode into a thousand bits of confetti, maybe I'll burst into flames.

If I never try, then I've already lost. If bittersweet memories are all I have of Phoenix, then I guess I owe myself the pursuit of something brighter. Something fresh. Something green and new, just like me.

I'll miss you, but I'll never forget you.

1 comment:

  1. "Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

    "I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven't ." Lucille Ball


    "A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." John Barrymore



    "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
    Alexander Graham Bell


    "I have no regrets. I wouldn't have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say." Ingrid Bergman


    "Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did." H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


    "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." Sydney J. Harris


    "Forget regret, or life is yours to miss." Jonathan Larson


    "Make it a rule in life never to regret and never look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it is good only for wallowing in."
    Katherine Mansfield


    "Regrets are idle; yet history is one long regret. Everything might have turned out so differently."
    Charles Dudley Warner


    "I have no apologies, no regrets. I gave my very best efforts.... I've been hung in effigy. I've been spat upon. You just have to let those things bounce off ."
    William Westmoreland

    ReplyDelete