Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Are We There Yet?

I'm at the halfway point for both of the September shows. I was a little concerned over the past couple days that I wouldn't be done in time for hanging, but I did some figuring and I should be fine if I manage my time wisely. I have a three day weekend coming up, which will allow me the opportunity to make a lot of headway and hopefully finish at least one of the show's works. At the point, I'll just need to worry about framing and hanging apparatus.

There was a slight tension in my back and neck that seems to be getting worse, and I'm hoping that it's not due to the long painting sessions I've been having lately. I'm not too worried, but still taking care not to aggravate the situation (at least until my health insurance kicks in in September). It was MUCH worse when I was stressing about everything I need to take care of before I leave, though. School starts in two weeks, and I'm SO excited. I'm taking a full course load, but I'll be cutting my hours at work, so I'm not worried about getting too bogged down. Once these shows are hung with pictures shot, my portfolio will be about 90% complete (save a couple non-show pieces I'm working on in new media.) From that point, it's all paperwork, school, work, and writing this piece for Seven Minutes. Dawn and Nina will be performing with me, which makes me MORE scared, oddly enough. Initially, it was just me, doing a simple solo performance. With my concern that it wouldn't come close to filling the time allotted, I'm adding two more chapters for the ladies, which means more writing (which isn't too big a deal), keeping the original feel of the first piece in mind (which is the part I'm worried about).

I have no doubt I'll be able to do it and do myself justice.

Also: my show at PA is listed on showup.com and that totally freaks me out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, some of us are waiting around for blog updates from you. Just FYI...

    ReplyDelete